Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Frustrating Day

Maybe I should better try to express my opinion and feelings in English more

Today, my friend and I had a meeting with a professor, who is a mentor giving tutorial
on English Communication. In fact, it is only sort of chatting and probably giving
presentation on particular topics or issues later. I am so glad that our professor is such
a nice gentleman who empathizes our difficulty in speaking English fluently.

Despite his patience, I am really upset with my poor expression skills and also
my self-confidence. I should have understood that I need to take little more time to organize
my viewpoints and ideas and at the same time translate Cantonese sentence into English one.

Of course my English is not so proficient that I could think in English directly.
Just as my dearly professor mentioned today, if you can get rid of this Middleman,
you will pick up English effectively.

Today, why I was so annoyed and disappointed was that I frequently could not
express my views in a clear way and also lack the accurate wordings. Even more, I
sometimes got stuck when I could not remember the exact English words that I want to say.

It's so embarrassing.

THREE Tremendous Assets of a fresh university graduate, suggested by our Prof
1. GPA
2. English
3. Putonghua

OH MY GOODNESS, Don't forget I am not studying in one of the top 3 universities in HK
I am just a small potato in my university, my GPA is only satisfactory, rather than
astonishing. My English still has a considerable room for improvement, especially the
oral expression. BUT the most insufficient ability is undoubtedly my Putonghua that no one could
understand my mandarin. Pretty Shameful, isn't it?

OKAY, we have decided to give presentation
so what kind of topic I should present that is not only educational but also intriguing.


GOD BLESS ME, I really have to work extremely hard on English,
otherwise I could barely compete with the Mainland and Indian talents in this freaking-out world market.

No comments: